Friday 6 December 2013

DIY Floral Crown


On the weekend I'm going to a fancy dress party where we all have to dress up as our favourite singer or band. I decided that it would be fun to go as Lana Del Rey based on this picture, and so wanted to include a floral crown as part of my outfit. Instead of just going out and buying one, I thought I'd have a go at making my own! Here is my process of making a floral crown incase you were wanting to make one for yourself!

What you need:
- A headband
- Stem wire
- Pretty flowers (I used some artificial flowers from a craft store)

To begin, wrap the stem wire around the entire headband.
Next, attach a piece of the stem wire to the flowers by threading, tying, or glueing. 
Attach the flowers on to the headband by twisting the stem wire into a sturdy knot. 
When done the knots look like a lovely vine from the back! 
It's as simple as that! This little project only took me about an hour to make and is the perfect summer accessory! 

1 comment:

  1. this is so lovely and fairly simple (I have no patience for fiddly things)! Thanks for the DIY

    xx Carina

    ReplyDelete