Tuesday 18 November 2014

Asking My Bridesmaids


I had the pleasure of asking my beautiful best friends to be my bridesmaids over the last week or so and I thought I would share how I ended up asking them here. I knew that I wanted to make my bridesmaids something small and nice to keep as a momento and loved the idea of using vintage hankies when I stumbled across this, however instead of screen printing them, I decided to embroider them. I already had quite a few vintage hankies but I was after some extra pretty ones and so after a lot of op-shopping, visiting antique shops and even looking on Ebay I finally found five of the most pretty handkerchiefs! The embroidery did take a little while, but I really enjoyed it and am very happy with the end result. The girls really appreciated their little gifts and we are now all very excited to start the wedding planning!

2 comments:

  1. I am totally in love with this chic idea of asking the bridesmaids. My cousin is getting married soon at destination LA venues and she would also need such ideas for her DIY ceremony. I would definitely share this idea with her. Looking forward to more inspirations!

    ReplyDelete